CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Frame

So I don't know about you other mothers, but my little boy LOVES LOVES LOVES his grandmother. She keeps him for us while we work, and I'm pretty sure Caleb (my son) thinks the sun rises and sets with her.

As such, I wanted to make her something special for mother's day, so this is what I came up with.


The cut files are from SVGCuts.com and can be found below.

I made a couple changes to the frame though. The top layer has another little swirl that comes out right into the middle of the oval, and it was obsuring my sons face. So I just cut it out with a pair or scissors. I also created another layer for the back using SCAL. I needed some way to attach the pipe cleaner so it wouldn't show through the back. So in SCAL, I took both layers of the frame and placed them on top of each other. Then I selected them both. Then on the right hand side in your tool panel, under appearances, you can change the style. I changed it from Normal (which is the default) to Shadow Blackout. This will give you a background for both layers, but notice it is still in 2 pieces. Select both pieces, then up at the top click on path. Then slide down to union, and VOILA! A background for the entire frame.

For the humming bird, he comes in a few pieces. So be sure to import them all into the dame page in SCAL. Then you can select all, and size to suit. That way you can be sure all your pieces layer correctly. The eye of the hummingbird was a really tiny circle, so I just used a white gel pen instead.

Hope everyone was able to enjoy their mother's day!




1 comments:

Scrappin Rabbit Designs

This is such a great idea! I love it. I bet your Mother will cherish this. TFS. Beautiful job.

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment